International Car of the Year Awards
Welcomes Seven New Auto Editors to Jury
For Immediate Release
DETROIT, October 1, 2008 - The International Car of the Year Awards’ (ICOTY) board announced the addition of seven new members; bringing the panel to 17 auto editors and journalists from a variety of respected publications and broadcasts.
ICOTY is pleased to welcome the following new jury members:
- Rich Homan, automotive editor for Autobytel’s flagship consumer website Myride.com. Homan’s extensive background includes executive editor of Road & Track and editor-in-chief for Edmunds.com
- Howard Walker, Speed TV Online Editor, is one of the world’s most-widely published auto journalists, and current U.S. editor for a number of international publications
- John Rettie, internationally renowned automotive writer and photographer whose work has been featured in numerous publications including Road & Track Buyers Guide and New Car Test Drive
- Rick Cotta, Managing Editor for Consumer Guide, has edited numerous car and motorcycle books, as well as contributing to Consumer Guide’s new-car evaluations
- Kim Viano, editorial director for Yahoo! Autos. Viano was responsible for the launch of Yahoo! Auto Show series; she also manages weekly content packages for Yahoo!
- Matthew De Paula, editor Forbesautos.com helped launched the website in 2005 and currently directs the sites’ editorial content
- Jeff Voth, Yahoo! Autos Canada and Sun Media Editor whose auto and travel reviews are published weekly and are enjoyed by over 15 million readers in North America
These new members will join ICOTY’s other nationally-renowned automotive editors and journalists on the ICOTY jury; who include Denise McCluggage, columnist and senior-contributing editor, Auto Week; Kevin Smith, editorial director, Edmunds.com; Bob Plunkett, syndicated automotive columnist; Ann Job, auto writer, Detroit Free Press; John McElroy, host of Autoline Detroit; Dan Wiese, auto editor, St. Louis Post-Dispatch; Ken Gross, contributing editor, Robb Report; Perry Stern, editor MSN Autos; BJ Killeen, Driver’s Talk Radio; and Courtney Caldwell, editor-in-chief, Road & Travel Magazine (RTM). J.D. Power and Associates will tabulate final ballots.
About the International Car of the Year Awards
The ICOTY Awards were founded in 1996 by Courtney Caldwell, editor-in-chief of RTM. Coined the “Academy Awards of Cars,” ICOTY has become the largest auto awards show production in the United States. In addition to the International Car and Truck of the Year Awards, ICOTY will also honor Warren Brown, auto writer for the Washington Post, with its sixth annual Lifetime Achievement Award. For more info, visit www.icotyawards.com.
ph: 248.561.5660 EST